Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

melissapete24

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ok, so, for YEARS iTunes has randomly been hiding music purchases of mine with no rhyme or reason. I don't want ANY music purchases to be hidden...EVER, and I have NEVER hidden even so much as a single song in my LIFE, and yet, I have literally HUNDREDS of songs that iTunes hides for no reason whatsoever. I try to keep every single song downloaded to my MacBook and synced to my iPhone and iPad, but I realized once that I was mysteriously missing songs, even though nothing was "undownloaded" in my purchased section, and went in to my hidden purchases and found songs there yet AGAIN.

Like I said, there is no rhyme or reason. I've had purchases that I've made just within the last week get hidden ALONG WITH purchases that I made 5 years ago. I could understand old purchases being hidden, purchases made past a certain number or days or months ago, but I could buy an album, and a week later, that album has been moved to hidden purchases. And no matter how many times I painstakingly unhide all purchases, in a week or so, songs are being hidden yet again.

As I stated in at the beginning of my post, this has been going on for pretty much as long as I have been using iTunes, or as long as iTunes has had a "hidden" section (not sure when the whole "hidden purchases" thing started).

Can someone please tell me WHY my purchases are being hidden randomly? Or, at the very least, can someone please tell me how to MAKE IT STOP!? Unhiding hundreds of songs all the time has long since gotten old, especially as I've been dealing with this for probably 10 years.

I am DESPERATE. WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN!?!?!?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.