Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
The reflection on the right is distracting, and overall, it feels like it needs something - not sure what, a touch of detail maybe.

jhamerphoto

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2007
You might want to try toning the greyscale image to give it a slight bit of warmth, rather than it being completely colourless.

HomeingPigeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
RJS: What about this?

Attachments

• DSC_0064.jpg
    DSC_0064.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 72

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
I like the B&W but don't just desaturate... if you have access to PS CS3 then use the B&W adjustment. You can change the light and darkness of the different colors i.e. red, blue, yellow, etc.

But with the B&W it really shows that it wasn't in focus when in was taken. Try again but make sure you focus, maybe on the seam, and try only the left shade and not the extra one in the right...

These are opinions of how I think it would look better so don't kill me hahaha

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Heres one i took of my crappy ceiling lamp... nothing special just enhanced and added the 'boost color' in iphoto...nothing major

Attachments

• DSC_3010.jpg
    DSC_3010.jpg
    1,006.5 KB · Views: 68

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Interesting ... might be better without the hot spot from the bulb, but there is nothing you can really do about that.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Greyscale and I would like to see a bit cropped from the right and the bottom to keep the aspect constrained. There is something on the right side that just doesn't belong, a reflection perhaps?

HomeingPigeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
Greyscale and I would like to see a bit cropped from the right and the bottom to keep the aspect constrained. There is something on the right side that just doesn't belong, a reflection perhaps?

Are you talking to me or the other guy? Because for mine the other part that you are thinking is a reflection is actually another lamp/light just like it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.