Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dborod

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2002
Hi,

I have an Acasis TBU401E with a 2 TB Samsung 970 plus. This device works great when connected to my Mac Studio.

I recently acquired an iPhone 15 Pro, and am trying to get it to connect as an external drive to my Phone, for ProRes recording and general file storage.

I have tried both ExFat and APFS, a variety of Thunderbolt 3, 4 and other USB-C data cables, all of which permit high speed transfer between the Mac Studio and the TBU401E, but when connected to the phone, the drive is unable to be used to recording ProRes, and is glacially slow at just copying small files.

I was able to use a Samsumg T5 drive, with the same cables, to connect my phone and record ProRes video.

Any idea what the problem is, how I might solve this shortcoming, or if this is unfixable?

Thanks.

clamss

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2007
Seems like you encountered this problem featured in this video

Was thinking of getting the iPhone 15 pro to connect with my nvme enclosures but I think it’s time to adopt a wait and see approach

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.