Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chadbillington

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2018
OK, the number of months ago I put my watch on my back pocket and sat on it cracking much of my screen.

The good news is the top part of my screen works and I’ve been able to use it for the past several months any issues. Still tracks fitness allows me to see my text messages and I can do almost everything I really need to do with Siri. I don’t have the budget to replace it right now so I’m keeping it as is.

The problem I’m running into is that after the most recent watchOS update, apples wanted me to accept the terms and conditions.

Issue is if I could hit OK at the top of my screen it would work, but the touchscreen on my watch is broken for the bottom 2/3 and I cannot tap or do anything down there. Is there anyway to except these terms on my phone or does anyone have another workaround.

Since the iOS update, I barely get to see my watch face, and cannot make my watch obey Siri commands. I just stare at the terms and conditions page. On the plus side it’s still does my fitness tracking but I can’t start a workout

Attachments

• DD45F135-29C5-4E27-BAC8-CB3799ED481C.jpeg
    DD45F135-29C5-4E27-BAC8-CB3799ED481C.jpeg
    365.8 KB · Views: 161

sclawis300

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
I had a similar issue with my password. I was able to push every number except zero. I would suggest just tapping on the top right corner of the ok button over and over again and maybe you will get lucky. If you turn the Digital Crown at all does it move the screen? Maybe you can do it simultaneously and move the ok button up and click really fast.

chadbillington

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2018
I had a similar issue with my password. I was able to push every number except zero. I would suggest just tapping on the top right corner of the ok button over and over again and maybe you will get lucky. If you turn the Digital Crown at all does it move the screen? Maybe you can do it simultaneously and move the ok button up and click really fast.
I’ll try that. My problem is only the top row of password numbers works on my watch. The bottom is shot. The okay button won’t seem to come high enough. I’ll play with it though.
Wishing there was a remote app to simulate the watch face

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.