Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emeraldlou

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2016
Hello! I'm new to this forum. I was getting annoyed with all of the "storage almost full" settings so I turned to a website that said to turn off icloud photo library, and so I did; thinking it would do nothing. But then, when I went back into my Photos app only pictures saved from safari showed up. I went into iCloud and all my pictures were still there, but I don't know how to recover it without a computer. Please, help ? I couldn't find a duplicate to this problem.

I have an iPad Air 2.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Turn iCloud Photo Library back on, and your photos should again synchronize with your iPad. It may take a while though.

Unless you have a computer that you can download all your photos to, you're going to be stuck; your best bet is to pay for additional storage for a couple months until you can get a working computer to download and back up your photos.

(This situation is additional proof that no iPad is a true computer replacement yet.)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.