Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mirr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2022
Malaysia
Greetings gentlemen, last night i had dropped my Macbook Pro M3 from the bed at the height 16 inch. It fell off on the thin carpet. Does it affect with the body and components in it? Thank you.

JamesMay82

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2009
Gutted for you! But if it’s working don’t worry. I recently dropped my old 2015 MacBook Pro on tarmac and dented one corner and squashed my usb port together so it’s unusable but luckily still all works. And I have ports on other side

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
Greetings gentlemen, last night i had dropped my Macbook Pro M3 from the bed at the height 16 inch. It fell off on the thin carpet. Does it affect with the body and components in it? Thank you.

I've dropped my old tbMBP off of a taller surface with the lid partially open onto thin carpet. Didn't even get a scratch. Didn't have a problem.

Can't rule out that there's some damage you can't see, but generally speaking if it works it works. There aren't too many moving parts in these things. I'd be more worried if you dropped it with the lid wide open as there are things in the hinge that can break.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I had a second hand MB Air at work years ago. The previous (sacked) colleague had dropped it that it had a really sharp edge that would cut into your wrist. I just took a file to it.
It worked fine for a couple of years until I moved to a new MBP.

Mr.Fox

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2020
Nothing will happen to him. There's nothing much to break. If the Macbook had fallen from the 5th floor before that, then it would be another matter.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.