Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zblaxberg

Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Here is a thread for anyone shooting action/extreme sports. Anything like skateboarding, bmx, snowboarding, whatever you want. I'm trying to get into shooting some skateboarders but I just wanted ideas for angles and shots.

faustfire

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
California
Here is a thread for anyone shooting action/extreme sports. Anything like skateboarding, bmx, snowboarding, whatever you want. I'm trying to get into shooting some skateboarders but I just wanted ideas for angles and shots.

Its the rare person who can shoot skateboarding, who doesnt skate themselves. Skate photos in newspapers are a prime example.

One huge rule to remember, always show the ground or coping if on a ramp. Photos of freefloating skaters, with no point of reference, are the worst.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
I've found it most useful to post some photos I've taken and heed any suggestions that are given. I like the idea of a thread dedicated to this type of photography...
but it should be developed on a mac or it does it really belong here? want me to go first? This raw processed with Silkypix v.2 and finished in Elements 4

Kelly001.jpg

Kelly Slater, Nov. 10, 2007
Sean Slater Invitational, Cocoa Beach
comments/criticism welcome:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.