Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zanoii

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Sweden
Hi,

(Disclaimer: Not using English on my watch/phone so I might be using the wrong terminology for some features/apps.)

Not sure if this goes in iOS12 section or Apple Watch section..

I have the latest iOS beta on my backup phone (iPhone SE) which works great. I am however not using it for activities/workouts and would like to know if they fixed the previous issues before installing the betas on my main iPhone (7 plus) and Apple watch (Nike series 3). This might seem like a minor issue but the Activities app has really helped me stay motivated to exercise and stay in shape.

I installed one of the previous iOS12 betas (4? 5?) but went back to iOS 11 quickly because the Activities app did not work correctly for workouts/exercises and this feature is important to me. I'm thinking about installing beta 10 on my iPhone 7 plus and the latest WatchOs 5 beta on my watch but I'm curious if anyone tried this and can confirm that activities/workouts are working like they're supposed to.

• Does location/tracks save properly now?
  • Do the activity rings work? I read threads about idle time adding to the rings but this is not a major issue IMO.
  • Do the achievements work properly? In the iOS beta I tried before, all of them were blank/empty IIRC.
  • Any other issues?
I know I can just wait until official release in a few weeks but I'm eager to try iOS12 on my main phone and WatchOS on my watch. Just not at the expense of breaking my activity streak or losing motivation to exercise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.