Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hiro_hamada

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2017
I had multiple devices named as Apple Watch and I deleted all but one, which seems to be the old one. So I deleted the last one. Now I can't find a way to add Apple Watch to the list of devices/sources in the Health app.

I read somewhere I have to setup an iPhone as new, but I sincerelly believe there's another way.

You help would be appreciated!

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
UK
I also have 2 apple Watches. (My old and new one). I haven't removed either because it will delete the health data.

Shame there is no way to merge them together.

Reactions: SDColorado

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
I also have 2 apple Watches. (My old and new one). I haven't removed either because it will delete the health data.

Shame there is no way to merge them together.

If I understand correctly, you can export the health data to an .XML file through IOS. IOS doesn't allow you to import it again, but Health Data Importer supposedly will, allowing you to move the data to a new phone. I wonder if the same would be true of importing data from an old watch?

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
UK
There is also a app which can extract the health data using an iTunes backup but it's all a bit of a faff. It's like that so you can add more than 1 watch. Unless Apple add an option to merge, it's will be like that forever!

If only they could revert to the old health app also :)

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
It's not the phone that needs to be set up as new, it's the watch. Setting the Apple Watch as new should add it to the Health App, but as others stated, you'll lose all your data.

hiro_hamada

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2017
At the end, I did it. Removed device from the list, setup as new and lost all my data - Thank you Apple.

Reywrap

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2013
Portland
This is unacceptable, there should an easy way to merge data through iCloud like other apps, or to import export you data so you don't have to lose it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.