Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paul451

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
I just bought a Macbook last week, its my first mac ever, I am really liking it and all.
Just got a little question, is it possible with Iphoto to add a border to my picture s and to do it in a batch.

I am pretty sure you can do it in Photoshop, but I don't have it, I might buy photoshop elements but not sure as of yet.

Thanks
Paul

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
Not sure about iphoto, but it's easy in Photoshop. Just go into Canvas size and increase both Width and Height dimensions in "New Size" dialogue. Set the foreground colour to the colour you want for the border and under Canvas Extension Color choose "foreground colour" You can also choose background colour, White, Black, Gray or other.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
do you want the borders to be permanent on the jpg file? Or do you just want borders when you print?

With iPhoto'08 (and even earlier versions), you can set up the border around a photo when you print. If you batch print, the settings apply for all of the photos. You have multiple borders to choose from, ranging from simple to complex.

The photos will not be modified in any way. The actual jpg file will not have a border.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.