Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wPod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
Hope this is the right section of the forum for this. But, I have a digital picture and I am trying to export it for a web site. The requirements for the web site are pretty small, 300x234 with a max size of 50KB. I used iPhoto to export to the proper pixel size, but the file size is 65KB. How can I keep the max pixel size but drop it to 50KB?? Thanks for the help!

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
I couldn't find a way to specify quality/file size... but thanks to you asking this, and me investigating it, I found out iPhoto has facebook integration! WHAT? When did that happen? COOL!

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
Do you have access to Photoshop? The "Save for Web" option gives you the choice of optimizing for file size. A quick Google search should pull up more than you need to know, but to save you about 30 seconds I just pulled one of the first results. Here you go.

If you don't have Photoshop, try opening the picture in Preview. Then do a "Save As" and reduce the quality. That should lower the file size.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.