Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IDeliver

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2022
Orchard Park, New York
I have an iPhone SE that has been exhibiting problems with an intermittently unresponsive touch screen that is sometimes affected by “ghost touch.” I have been advised that the problems result from hardware damage and that they are not caused by remote administrative control enabled by Apple, I’m certain that this is incorrect, I filed a lawsuit in New York alleging this assertion. I’m puzzled as to how I can restore the full functionality of the phone, particularly when Apple’s technical support and legal counsel deny the cause of the defects. If anyone has a suggestion, I would like to hear it.

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
Sounds like a problem with the digitizer.
A hardware problem.

I don’t even want to know what you mean by “remote administrative control enabled by Apple”.
My suggestion is to give the phone to Apple to get it repaired and terminate your lawsuit.

What on earth makes you think that this is anything other than a hardware problem?

Reactions: Nermal

IDeliver

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2022
Orchard Park, New York
There are a few things to consider when debunking the supposed hardware damage problem, one theory is that an iPhone component is affected by an electrical short that is somehow caused by static electricity. Apple’s products are exceptional, I have not seen a comparable problem with other touch screen devices, not even with Android devices with extensive cracking, if it is a hardware defect the problem would seem to be specifically an iPhone problem. There are alternate remedies for unresponsive screens suggesting that they could be caused by physical or software problems, in reality this doesn’t make sense. There is also the narrative of my experience with the phone, it sometimes works as intended, it will at other times work partially with ghost inputs, and it might also not register any input whatsoever. Damage to the hardware would not disappear and later return, it would be consistent. In the absence of a coherent and convincing explanation, I can only assume and assert that this is an intentional administrative limitation.

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
There are a few things to consider when debunking the supposed hardware damage problem, one theory is that an iPhone component is affected by an electrical short that is somehow caused by static electricity. Apple’s products are exceptional, I have not seen a comparable problem with other touch screen devices, not even with Android devices with extensive cracking, if it is a hardware defect the problem would seem to be specifically an iPhone problem. There are alternate remedies for unresponsive screens suggesting that they could be caused by physical or software problems, in reality this doesn’t make sense. There is also the narrative of my experience with the phone, it sometimes works as intended, it will at other times work partially with ghost inputs, and it might also not register any input whatsoever. Damage to the hardware would not disappear and later return, it would be consistent. In the absence of a coherent and convincing explanation, I can only assume and assert that this is an intentional administrative limitation.

Digitizer problems causing Ghost Touch and/or unresponsive screens happen to many (Just Google “Ghost Touch”).
The idea that Apple might be intentionally causing this is preposterous.
It is in the nature of Digitizers problems to display intermittent symptoms.
The only “coherent and convincing” explanation is that your device is broken and if you take it to Apple they can run some diagnostic to confirm this.
Good luck and farewell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.