Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigboy99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
I just started using Elements 8 after several years of iPhoto. Is there an easy way to get my images out of iPhoto for use with Bridge/Elements?

Thanks...

Macmonter

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2008
Vermont, USA
Have you tried to drag the thumbnail image in iPhoto to the PSE icon in the dock? That works for my PSE 6 in iPhoto 08. Another way is to set iPhoto Preference to edit in Photoshop Elements which opens PSE when EDIT is selected at the bottom of the iPhoto window. Both ways allows you to bypass Bridge.

dlegend

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2009
DC
I was wondering the same thing. I haven't tried that yet, I'll have to next time I'm working on photos.

John.B

macrumors 601
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch
Have you tried to drag the thumbnail image in iPhoto to the PSE icon in the dock? That works for my PSE 6 in iPhoto 08. Another way is to set iPhoto Preference to edit in Photoshop Elements which opens PSE when EDIT is selected at the bottom of the iPhoto window. Both ways allows you to bypass Bridge.
That's OK if he wants to edit pictures stored in iPhoto with PSE.

But what he's asking is how to get the photos out of iPhoto so he can manage them with Bridge instead. Different problem, with a different solution.

Quad5Ny

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
New York, USA
iPhoto stores its photos in a Package type thing. Its located in your user folder under Pictures/iPhoto Library.

To get your pictures out, right click on iPhoto Library and click "Show Package Contents" and go to the folder "Originals". All your photos should be stored there.

Make sure you only copy the Photos from there. Don't mess with the content of the Package, if you do I can't predict what will happen to iPhoto and your library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.