Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hooly

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Hi

After some googling I was under the impression that if I used v5.5 of Adobe DNG converter on the Panasonic GF1 RAW files I would then be able to use them with Aperture and Photoshop CS3.

However, the resulting DNG files are not readable.

I downloaded the trial version of Lightroom 2.5, which worked (of course) fine with the GF1 files without conversion.

Can anyone confirm whether they have been able to successfully convert GF1 files to DNG for use in other applications?

Thanks.

unid

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2009
Traffic_island_bay
Hello

Wanted to give this question a push.
Also wondering if there any recent apple developments regarding support of the video codec used by the GF1 (avchd lite 720P). I have a lust for this camera which is tempered by the concern that it works fluidly with my iMac.

Thanks folks...

hooly

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Just to confirm, I checked this out elsewhere and Adobe DNG convertor can convert GF1 files to DNG no problems but the files are *absolutely not* readable by Aperture.

Happily enough for me, Adobe just released a free beta version of Lightroom 3 so for the time being I am storing my RAWs there, doing the basic exposure and levels adjustments and then exporting as TIFFs for import into Aperture.

It's not ideal but it didn't take long to learn the basics of Lightroom so in the end it is only one extra step. I am hoping that by the time the beta version expires (it is likely to be a few months) Apple will have sorted this out. Let's see!

For AVCHD: these import just fine into iMovie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.