Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

failsafe1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 21, 2003
Just got my Design Premium CS 3 software. I am getting to know the whole package. If I am looking for cataloging software is Bridge sufficient? I have tried Aperture and don't really like or dislike the software so I was wondering about Lightroom. Any opinions?

failsafe1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 21, 2003
Good question. I am looking for something that can help me catalog and organize photos. I would like to assign key words and be able to sort and make choices. For editing I go to PS.

artalliance

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2005
In the cool neighborhood of LA
Good question. I am looking for something that can help me catalog and organize photos. I would like to assign key words and be able to sort and make choices. For editing I go to PS.

Well, if you don't shoot RAW and plan to do extensive post-processing in LR, you might want to take a look at iphoto. It can do all the things you are looking for. Organize, rate, keywords. And a newer, even more powerful version should be right around the corner with iLife 07.

One plus of LR: if you send your pictures from LR to Photoshop, it automatically stacks the PS'ed version with the original - no need for you to manually import it again.

Hope that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.