Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4np

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
The Netherlands
Hi All,

I want to upgrade to Leopard, however I read somewhere earlier that Apple had stated that it couldn't test full compatibility with Adobe (CS3) software. Is this still the case? Will Photoshop CS3 and Lightroom be compatible with Leopard? I'd rather wait with the upgrade if it turns out it is not compatibl yet...

Cheers

jakeopolis

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2007
i can't say about CS3, but here's what i know:

my photoshop 7 does NOT work with leopard, period.
my girlfriend's CS2 does work, no problems.

so i assume that CS3 will work, but who knows. i guess the likelihood of adobe making a patch for CS3/leopard is higher than them patching version 7.0... sucks.

moesker007

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
Works

So far...the cs3 works for me...but Bridge sees to have a problem with photo capture...it says it cannot create that file name or I don't have permissions to write to the directory I chose. Hum...

Forced Perfect

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2004
Toronto, Canada.
From what I can tell, Photoshop CS3 sorta works under Leopard. I tried installing it and got nowhere (the shared components both installs and fails to install in the summery and Photoshop fails), but after doing that I copied all the Application Support and the Adobe folders in Applications to my new installation. Photoshop runs now, but starts with a message saying it is messed up and needs to be reinstalled. Clicking past that message works and after that I have found nothing wrong with it.

Installing on my wife's PowerBook had the same problem, so I guess it isn't just my machine.

ynotsing

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2007
All photo shops quit working after Leopard install

I am stunned to find that my Adobe PhotoShop Elements programs will not open since I installed Leopard 24 hours ago. Is there an easy fix out there? From what I've read there is nothing yet? Don't understand why Mac would allow the release without that important element in place. I hope I can at least go back to using iPhoto until I get a fix. Please help if you can.
Thanks!

imaduro

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2004
cs3 photoshop is not working for me with leopard. When I try to open it the logo bounces once and gives me an error.

Nayrb

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2007
Virginia
Photoshop is not working for me either. But my issue is with crashing when I go to save a file. I've been searching for any solution to the issue but nothing as of yet sadly.

jhsfosho

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2006
Houston, TX
I did a couple quick photoshops earlier and it seemed to be working fine for me. A little quicker to open up and load than before also IMHO. Everything in Leopard seems to be faster for me than Tiger.

Running on MacBook Pro 2.0 Ghz Core Duo

Fastshutter

Aug 21, 2007
Lightroom loads, but the print module will not work for me. This has been reported by other users on the dpreview forums.

I don't use the print module myself, so I'm not harmed--everything else works just fine.

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
I use CS2 and it works no problem. I did however have it crash on me yesterday before I could save my work. Maybe CS3 is lacking compatibility with Leopard about like CS2 was lacking it with the Intel architecture. It'll still run, it's just isn't optimized for it.

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2007
Photoshop CS3 works without any problems.
Adobe Lightroom works with little problems (Print Module does not work)

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
Here is what I have found for Photoshop compatibility with leopard:

Photoshop 7 is NOT compatible and won't work
Photoshop CS and CS2 are reported to work
Photoshop CS3 works for me (including install)
Photoshop Elements 2 is reported NOT to work
Photoshop Elements 4 works for me (including install)

I was stuck with Photoshop 7 that wouldn't launch after the Leopard upgrade. I upgraded to CS3 and it works great.

I purchased a copy of Photoshop Elements 4 to install on a couple of my lesser used machines, since CS3 is locked down to only allow installations on two computers.

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
I reverted from Leopard to Tiger because of Lightroom issues. LR had problems seeing previously imported RAW files (NEF - I'm a Nikon shooter) and was unable to consistently import new RAW files. There were some problems displaying dialogs in a readable fashion. The print module threw an error when accessing it, and there were problems in the web module as well. Adobe has indicated there will be an update released in the mid-November timeframe.

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
I'm using Lightroom, and have some shoots of 4000+ files. Under Leopard it is taking forever to load 10 Mpx NEF files, which makes culling my pictures too time consuming.

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
Maybe I'm just more out of the loop than everyone else (and it wouldn't surprise me) - but you can install one licensed copy of Photoshop CS3 on two computers?

The CS3 license from Adobe allows you to load any of the CS3 apps on up to TWO computers, but you can't use them both at the same time.

For example. I have a copy on my MacBook Pro and my Mac Mini. I can use it from either machine, but not both at the same time.

I think the license was the same even before the CS series came out, but they never enforced the two computer limit. I could load PS 7 on more than two computers, but I could still only use it on more than one at a time.

RevToTheRedline

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2007
I seem to have no problem with PS CS3 in Leopard at all. If anything I've noticed it loads a LOT faster than Tiger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.