Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2004
Montana, USA
I have Adobe CS2 (as well as Photoshop CS3 Beta, for now) and I would like to open an image file (JEPG, PSD, TIF, etc.) in the Adobe Photoshop Raw processor, and I'm not sure how I can trick it into letting me do that. I feel like there's gotta be a way.

Anyone know how I might be able to do this? Thanks in advance.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
I have Adobe CS2 (as well as Photoshop CS3 Beta, for now) and I would like to open an image file (JEPG, PSD, TIF, etc.) in the Adobe Photoshop Raw processor, and I'm not sure how I can trick it into letting me do that. I feel like there's gotta be a way.

Anyone know how I might be able to do this? Thanks in advance.

Bridge in CS3 has "open in camera raw" as an option.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
Wow, even easier than I thought -- thanks a ton!

yeah, for anyone reading this without CS3, lightroom enables you to do almost anything with jpeg that you could do with RAW otherwise. there's a 30 day free trial. lightroom is the best thing ever to happen to the digital imaging software market in my opinion.

and to eyeon, lightroom can also do way more than ACR.

eyeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2004
Montana, USA
yeah, for anyone reading this without CS3, lightroom enables you to do almost anything with jpeg that you could do with RAW otherwise. there's a 30 day free trial. lightroom is the best thing ever to happen to the digital imaging software market in my opinion.

and to eyeon, lightroom can also do way more than ACR.

Yes, I used to have Lightroom and fell in love with it, but my trial period expired. I may have good reason to justify buying it though. You have just reminded me that it is probably a good idea!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.