Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sleepyyet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
I cannot for the life of me enable ADP on my iPhone 14 Pro Max. I’ve tried setting up a recovery contact and recovery key. When I try setting up a recovery contact, it gives me an error message about try again later. When I try to add a recovery key, it keeps telling me the recovery key was entered incorrectly. I’ve copied and pasted and even multiple, manual data entry attempts. It’s frustrating. All of my devices are on 16.2.

I had recently spoke to tier 2 support at Apple and they had me screen share and record the entire process of creating a recovery contact and a recovery key. They boiled down to the fact that my email is associated with a developers account. This makes no sense. They suggested that I make a new Apple ID that isn’t tagged to a developers account.

Have any of you fellow developers successfully enabled ADP on your devices and if so, what was your process? I keep trying and get the same errors and messages.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
I have a dev account and didn’t have any issues. This may come off as “Is it plugged in?” but are all of your devices on the latest public release? When I was trying to set it up the first time, it was failing but it wasn’t immediately clear that the reason was that not all of my devices were on the latest release.

Also, there may be an iCloud issue. My photo library hasn’t synced for 3 hours, despite restarting devices, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.