Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Markalbuk

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 15, 2021
Might be fruitless to answer that question when you haven't listed any features you want or alternatives you've already tried.
I tried Tmetric and Hubstuff. Looking to switch on and pay for the features I want. I want to build a time tracker for myself

Muzosh2

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2021
You should try Timemator. I don't know about others, but here you can specify certain rules where it should start tracking specific task automatically. For example when VS Code app has been started, it automatically starts task of your choice ("coding" in this example).

You can specify colors to the custom tasks. So I have red tasks for reddit, macrumors, youtube and netflix, which means that was unproductive time. On the other hand, job, school, research are green.

It's also smart. If you forget about stopping the tracking and just leave for a cofee, small talk in the office, etc., after a certain timeframe of inactivity it stops the tracking itself. Very handy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.