Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Hey guys! I'm looking to offload my trash can Mac Pro (no need for the horsepower anymore) and I was wondering if anyone had any online sale site recommendations? I have zero experience selling used computers—have only traded machines in for store credit at places like Tekserve—I could use all the help I can get!

SuperMatt

Suspended
Mar 28, 2002
Hey guys! I'm looking to offload my trash can Mac Pro (no need for the horsepower anymore) and I was wondering if anyone had any online sale site recommendations? I have zero experience selling used computers—have only traded machines in for store credit at places like Tekserve—I could use all the help I can get!

I highly recommend craigslist. You can meet the buyer in person at a place of your choosing, and there are no fees to be paid to a middleman, nor any shipping costs. If you live in a more rural area, this might not be feasible, so you might have to try eBay. However, for selling a "big-ticket" item like this, eBay's fees are quite high.

rawweb

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2015

The marketplace here is always a good option! (Have to reach a certain criteria to see it)

CapnDavey

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2015
Caution on selling on craigslist never ship anything to a buyer I had a scammer try and hook me with a fake check so beware always deal local.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.