Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HomeingPigeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
If you would, please give me some advise on how to make my pictures better. Anything will help.

Attachments

• DSCN0015.JPG
    DSCN0015.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 98
  • DSCN0215.JPG
    DSCN0215.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
  • DSCN0806.JPG
    DSCN0806.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
  • DSCN0703.JPG
    DSCN0703.JPG
    356.1 KB · Views: 72

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Look at a lot of pictures that other people have taken, look through stuff like the "Picture of the Day" thread and find galleries of pro photogs' pictures, find out what you like. Look for pictures, styles, elements that you like and try to emulate them when you shoot.

Also, learn how to really use your camera, master the controls and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the technology. Since you're shooting digital, take lots of pictures, and see what comes out nicely! You have nothing to lose taking 15 different pictures of something, even if you delete them all, you can only gain experience.

J'aime

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2007
The rule of thirds is your friend. Definately read up on it as it will improve your composition and the "readability" of your photos.

Mimicing other photographers is a great way to find out what you like, but don't forget to be creative yourself. Make like a mad scientist and experiment.

Even though it can be kind of daunting, learning the technical aspects of photography (shutter speed, aperture, exposure etc.) will make all the difference in going from beginner to intermediate/advanced.

dodong

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2007
Emulating other people's style is a good way to take off on the right path. Learning the basics along the way is the beginning of developing your own abilities.

HomeingPigeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
I did take this pictures with only a coolpix l5 by nikon but for christmas i am going to ask for a better camera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.