Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NonostanteGames

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2016
Hello, I'm trying to ship my first game. It will feature non-original art as I'm just a coder and in this first attempt, I want to focus on gameplay and storytelling.
Hoping to get some good advice and maybe a future partner(s).
I'm a coder, I can't do art, so I focused on experimental concepts I can handle.

banner0.png

Aedo Episodes is an adventure game with logic and puzzle elements
http://www.nonostante.io
Facebook page
Twitter: @AedoEpisodes

Concept
The game is a story, a story already happened. You will follow the hero life through the eyes of the Aedo (means storyteller) as he's writing down the events. Because the story already happened, you have no choices. For example, the hero moves automatically following a predefined path, that is the real path he took during the adventure. You cannot die, but you just mismatch the story progress.

Gameplay

The game features a mix of adventure action and logic with puzzles and enigma. You have to interact with the environment. The hero stands steady at the beginning of each level. You have to touch the hero to start, this means, you are ready to live what the Aedo is telling about how the level happened.

Screenshots/Gifs
aedoepisodes-fulllevel-simple.gif
aedoepisodes-screen-3.png
tactic-floor.gif

Development
The game is developed in javascript using cocos2d-js framework for the rendering and apache cordova to target multiple platforms. The game will be available for iOS, Android, WindowsPhone.

Download
You can try the game, and share your thoughts with us

iOS | Androd | WindowsPhone

We're still developing the game to create more content, more puzzles, more challenges.
You can follow us and send your feedback, suggesstions and critiques:

www.nonostante.io | Twitter | Facebook

Last edited:

NonostanteGames

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2016
Hello, working hard on the game.

Thanks to the beta test (you can JOIN HERE for free) and feedback received, we improved the game a lot.

Besides changes, we added more enigmas and minigames, here's a brief preview of the lockpicking puzzle, a small challenge you will face during the adventure.

enigma-lockpicking.gif

Follow the development and beta testing on Twitter or Facebook.

Last edited:

NonostanteGames

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2016
Hi, we worked hard during the beta on all feedback and we had a long time to fix and balance the gameplay. The game changed a lot and deeply. Now we think we reached something intresting and soon to be published.

We made some videos, trailer and gameplay.

Soon we'll publish the game, about mid-october.

If anyone want to try and give feedback on the last version, the beta is still open.

Many thanks.

Last edited:

NonostanteGames

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2016
Hi guys, we worked on a very well received feature, a grid system overlay.
pVtZmSA.png

rZZRxQr.png

It's enabled by default, but you can disable it in the settings.

In addition we refreshed our gameplay trailer to better include the story-focus of the game.
Hope you like it.

Any thoughts?

NonostanteGames

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2016
Hello, after so much hard work and thank to all your feedbacks, we're excited to announce we released the first version of Aedo Episodes to the stores.

We created a banner to showcase the game, hope is nice and create some good expectation.
banner0.png

Download
You can try the game, and share your thoughts with us
iOS | Androd | WindowsPhone

We're still developing the game to create more content, more puzzles, more challenges.
You can follow us and send your feedback, suggesstions and critiques:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.