Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

martyjmclean

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 24, 2018
Reactions: dwig

dwig

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2015
Key West FL
My wife bought all 3 for her new Surface Laptop 3 last fall, though I think she's only used Publisher so far. After poking around in here copy of Photo, I picked up a copy for my self to eventually replace my aging Ps/CS4 when this sale began. After proving to myself that Photo will do perfectly well for my needs, I went ahead and bought my own copies of Designer (to replace my older CorelDRAW 14 and ancient Ai/CS2) given the extreme bargain pricing. I'm getting comfortable with Publisher and don't expect any migration issues with Designer. They seem to be very very solid apps and a flat out steal at the 50% off sale pricing.

My only issue is my ancient 68yo brain and my need to do my image editing with 4 slightly different interfaces; Affinity Photo on Win, Ps/CS4 on Win, and Ps/CC2020 on macOS remotely using RealVNC to run the Mac from my Win 10 SurfaceGo. I need to use the AdobeCC suite, primarily Ps Ai & Id, for my day job in Key West while I'm living and working remotely in Houston. I have found that the Affinity apps benefit greatly from having been "born in the same brain" as a set compared to Adobe's "blended family" of apps with widely varying parentage. The UI in the Affinity apps is much more consistent between the various apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.