Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AstroRexaur

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2021
I recently bought MBP 14" and was undecided if AC+ was worth it, after researching many internet pages and YT videos one thing was clear, if your MacBook costs ~$1000 is not worth it, if your MacBook costs ~$2000 is totally worth it. Previously I had MBP 13" (Early 2015) and never needed any AppleCare service but at the end (last year) speakers and battery where giving problems. But this time, based that this new computer is a new model, new screen, new design etc. Things can go wrong very fast. And compared what cost my 2015 MBP (~$1000) this time was more than accurate to add AC+. Thanks to my student status AC+ was about $223 for 3yrs and includes accidental damage etc. My opinion is that is a very good deal, because for more careful you'd have with your MBP, if you trip due to carpet floors or your dog, your Mac can have million of possibilities to get damaged. Even if you're at your desk drinking coffee and the dog suddenly jumps to you = dead MBP. So, for $223 + $2000 MBP + 3 years of coverage (included accidents) + new design/form factor/new screen MBP + how this design will prevail/hold in the future? = very good deal and peace of mind.

FattKingHugeman

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2022
You just need to have a battery replacement or something to get your money worth. And also the peace of mind that you get when using the MB in that 3 years knowing that you’ll be covered/subsidised if anything were to happen. It also makes it easier to resell the MB within the 3 years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.