Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
So I have a bunch of pictures in Aperture. I tweak some of them, and send them to Pixelmator for further processing. After all that processing... How to consume them? What I mean is that after Pixelmator, I have a bunch of pictures in my hard-drive. What would be the best way to use those pictures? And by that I mean showing them to other people (by the computer preferably, or through uploading to a website) and use them in Pages, Keynote and so forth.

Using Aperture is not really ideal, since it's a bit power-userish app, and asking my wife to use it to view pictures is asking a bit much. Going through those pictures in Finder seems awkward and tedious. One idea I have had is that after tweaking the pictures in Pixelmator, I re-import those pictures to iPhoto that could then be used for actual consumption. That way I would have my entire collection in Aperture, but the best & processed images would be available for consumption in iPhoto. iPhoto is snappier and easier to use, and I could sync those pictures to other devices (iPod, AppleTV etc.) through iPhoto.

What are your suggestions here?

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
I think you got it right. Just import the best photos into iPhoto and you can use Front Row to run slideshows.

Sounds like a good plan.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
When I am in Aperture I export my completed jpgs to a folder on my desktop and from there I upload to Zenfolio, where I have galleries for sharing my images with friends and forum mates. There are several such sites: Zenfolio, Smugmug, PBase, etc....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.