Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

opusp777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2022
After updating to TVOS 16,
When opening Prime, after 35 seconds,
A German error message pops up
(I live in USA)
Then a Chinese error message.

15 seconds later, profile choices pop up,
Then everything works..
Really slow to respond…
Weird …

Attachments

• 7F6A6457-8780-4162-A922-44E8687B772A.jpeg
    7F6A6457-8780-4162-A922-44E8687B772A.jpeg
    274.4 KB · Views: 575
  • 06625CE8-7050-416D-B142-6C370692AF66.jpeg
    06625CE8-7050-416D-B142-6C370692AF66.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 433

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Japanese translation:
Internet connection problem

There is a problem with the Internet connection. Please check the Internet settings and cable connection of the device, or try to reset the Internet router.

It may also be effective to turn off the device once and restart it.

Customer service www.amazon.co.jp/videohelp if you need help

Please contact us.

German Translation:
Connection problem

There is a problem with your Internet connection. Please check the network settings and cables of the device or restart your router. You may also be able to solve the problem by turning your device off and on again.

For further assistance, please contact

Amazon customer service at

www.amazon.de/videohilfe

opusp777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2022
Japanese translation:
Internet connection problem

There is a problem with the Internet connection. Please check the Internet settings and cable connection of the device, or try to reset the Internet router.

It may also be effective to turn off the device once and restart it.

Customer service www.amazon.co.jp/videohelp if you need help

Please contact us.

German Translation:

Connection problem

There is a problem with your Internet connection. Please check the network settings and cables of the device or restart your router. You may also be able to solve the problem by turning your device off and on again.

For further assistance, please contact

Amazon customer service at

www.amazon.de/videohilfe
I’m pretty sure it’s not an internet connection problem.
This issue only shows up when starting Prime app, does not show up on any other app.

Böhme417

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
After updating to TVOS 16,
When opening Prime, after 35 seconds,
A German error message pops up
(I live in USA)
Then a Chinese error message.

15 seconds later, profile choices pop up,
Then everything works..
Really slow to respond…
Weird …
It would be even weirder for a Chinese message to be pointing you to a Japanese website...

• Haha
Reactions: sorgo †

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Same issue. (I'm in Norway.) Starting the app is super slow, but...most of the time, when I wait it out, I can start any show.

Not having any issues with internet in general, and all other apps on the Apple TV works as expected.

I tried deleting the app, and re-installing it and still get the mulit-language "internet connection error" message; and signing back in was extra, special, super slow...and seems to have failed. Now, I just spinning a spinning wheel, with "Problem occurred" message popping up now and then, without actually signing me (back) in. Edit: After a few more minutes, and re-starting the app, I'm now logged in.

Come on, Amazon, update your app!

Last edited:

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Airplay issues with tvOS 16 on ATV1080 to a HomePod mini that never had issues before

a plethora of weird bugs.

my atv4k 2021 has mostly worked fine but occasional random this or that that wasnt the case in the whole past year of having the thing. this is a crap release imo

I dont feel as negatively about iOS 16 on my 14PM but maybe new hw has something to do with that or luck? Not updating any other of my devices to it for a long while/some maybe ever, to err on the side of caution/paranoia but my ATV had auto update on :/

Fpmtngal

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2022
I started having a similar issue with Amazon Prime (very slow to load but no error message) last night that’s continued today. I have a 2022 4K ATV that’s running tvOS 16.1. I didn’t have the problem before (I think my previous ATV had only updated to tvOS 16 the day before I got the 2022 box, not sure I checked to make sure that Prime worked after the update).

I do have a wrinkle that most don’t have - I have two internet sources at the moment. I use Starlink during the day because it’s faster, but in the evenings it gets slow due to congestion. I also have cable internet and use it in the evenings. The first time it happened, I tried to go back when it didn’t load, but the back button didn’t work. It eventually loaded. None of my other apps (and that includes Fubo) have this issue.

• Wow
Reactions: sorgo †

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Watching Prime (in the UK) right now via the gen 1 ATV4K on tvOS 16.1 and no issues to report, even HDR is working for a change.

w5jck

Suspended
Nov 9, 2013
tvOS 16.1 on ATV 4K 2017 in USA. Issues with Philo TV, AcornTV, and others. These are new issues begun with tvOS 16.0. tvOS 16.1 indiscriminately changed most of my video settings for no explainable reason other than Apple clearly has programming issues. That is, they are sloppy at it! Prime is working for me though, but I watch Prime on my Fire TV Cube 3rd gen instead. Also noticed the tvOS 16.1 changed the options available for audio settings, and changed the menus therein related to that.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
I don't know if this is related but I've had a weird problem with Amazon Prime Video app on 4K Apple TV since the update as well. Periodically it will just quit the stream. When you go back in it jumps ahead 3-5 minutes and you have to rewind. When it happens seems totally random although it seems to happen more near the beginning of a show (first 5 minutes).
-- This never happened before a month or two ago (been using it for years).
-- It doesn't happen with any other streams on the same device (Netflix, HBO Max, BritBox, Disney+, Apple TV+, Apple Movies, Apple TV Shows, NBA League Pass, YouTube TV all work fine).

yatesd

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2020
I also got the new 2022 model (first one for me), and this bug on Prime where it locks up and starts 3-5 minutes later is very annoying. Hoping for a fix soon.

audiomixer

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2007
Idaho
So why still no Dolby Vision on prime? This is weird considering other devices (nvidia shield) has it. C’mon amazon, get with it.

Tapper

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I don't know if this is related but I've had a weird problem with Amazon Prime Video app on 4K Apple TV since the update as well. Periodically it will just quit the stream. When you go back in it jumps ahead 3-5 minutes and you have to rewind. When it happens seems totally random although it seems to happen more near the beginning of a show (first 5 minutes).
-- This never happened before a month or two ago (been using it for years).
-- It doesn't happen with any other streams on the same device (Netflix, HBO Max, BritBox, Disney+, Apple TV+, Apple Movies, Apple TV Shows, NBA League Pass, YouTube TV all work fine).
Same issue for me running 16.1 on my 4K. Prime skips ahead near beginning of The Peripheral. Installing 16.2 to see if any different.

Reactions: HiRez

martens

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2019
Happening for us as well. Streaming will just stall out and Resume does not pick up at the correct location. Only with this streaming app. And pretty much guaranteed to happen if you stream for more than an hour or so.

Tapper

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Last edited:
Reactions: martens

Jammer005

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2015
“I don't know if this is related but I've had a weird problem with Amazon Prime Video app on 4K Apple TV since the update as well. Periodically it will just quit the stream. When you go back in it jumps ahead 3-5 minutes and you have to rewind. When it happens seems totally random although it seems to happen more near the beginning of a show (first 5 minutes).
…”
Same but on 3 Pines. Frustrating to Resume and have the show jump forward. Happens at the beginning of each episode. Jack Ryan as well.

Reactions: HiRez

FNH15

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
Having issues myself. Solution at least for me is to manually change the display settings to match the content being played (i.e. to not use Match Content). Naturally I switch it back for all other apps.
The app is just poorly coded.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.