Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Racineur

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Montréal, Québec
Hello to you all, please have a look at the pic and tell me I'm wrong to see something strange. I'm not actually worried but these numbers are so weird. How could I have used my iPad almost 100% of the time it was on? Could it be this? But I doubt it. Four days ago I charged my iPad with the wall unit up to 100%. When it was 98%, I plugged my iPad in (USB) my iMac to make a backup and install an app that I had DL from the iTunes store. Took 2 minutes max. Anyhow, iOS 9.2.1 does a great job. No complaint.
Thanks
Battery_usageIP.jpg

Goatllama

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2015
Mountaintop Lair
An app must have been running in background, I would turn off background app refresh in the General settings and see if that has any effect on these weird numbers.

Racineur

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Montréal, Québec
After a full charge, the indications were as usual. I can't think of anything that could have happened. An app running in the background is possible. But I denied all background activity from the very first day I had my iPad (December). Glitch maybe?

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
After a full charge, the indications were as usual. I can't think of anything that could have happened. An app running in the background is possible. But I denied all background activity from the very first day I had my iPad (December). Glitch maybe?
I had this exact strange thing happen on my new iPad Air 2 the other day, it claimed Stand By of just over 8hours and the same usage even though I had only used it for about an hour before having to leave it at home to attend family function.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
It happened to my 6S as well. For me, it was Safari being the number one app using the most power. I disabled Safari's iCloud syncing and now the usage and stand-by time look a bit more normal (stand-by being longer than usage)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.