Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Susja

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
Hello Folks,
I have 4 devises: iPhone X, MacBook Pro 2015 running High Siera, iPad 3 running 9.3.5 and MacBook 2008 late running 10.11.6 El Capitan.
I want to use Airdrop to exchange files between device.
I could do it only between iPhone X and MacBook 2015. The rest are not visible for Airdrop.
I see Airport Utility on MacBook 2008 and I don't see anything related to Airdrop on iPad 3.
My question : should I expect to see all 4 devices visible to each other or something is misconfigured?
Thanks

photoj2754

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2013
Akron
Hello Folks,
I have 4 devises: iPhone X, MacBook Pro 2015 running High Siera, iPad 3 running 9.3.5 and MacBook 2008 late running 10.11.6 El Capitan.
I want to use Airdrop to exchange files between device.
I could do it only between iPhone X and MacBook 2015. The rest are not visible for Airdrop.
I see Airport Utility on MacBook 2008 and I don't see anything related to Airdrop on iPad 3.
My question : should I expect to see all 4 devices visible to each other or something is misconfigured?
Thanks
This may help you: https://pspdfkit.com/guides/ios/current/features/airdrop/

Susja

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
Well ... I think that I'm all set now. I found in Apple spec that my iPad3 does not support AirDrop, That's it.
I found that my MacBook 2008 does support AirDrop. I was able to enable it and connect to my iPhone X but connection was not reliable hence I decided that when I'll need to transfer any files I will use iCloud or app Instashare. I installed this app from AppStore and it looks that it should do the work for transfer.
BTW: do you have experience with Instashare? If you do ... do you like it?
I think that iCloud should also be good solution for transfer files between various Apple devices ..
What is your opinion?
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.