Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PandaNix

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2018
I’m travelling and using an Airalo eSIM and airdropping has stopped working and everything is set up ‘right’.

* Bluetooth & wifi is on​
* Person I want to send to is in my contact list​
* The person shows up and is selected and then it just ‘waits’​
* It’s always worked before​
* Airdrop “contacts only” is on, setting to “everyone” doesn’t work either​
* Screen time app is on​
* We are very close in distance​
* Have latest iOS​
* Restarting wifi, Bluetooth and phone doesn’t change anything​
* Personal hotspot is off​
* Both iPhones are unlocked​
* No VPN on either phone​

It’s not the eSIM I assume because the person I’m travelling with, who also have an eSIM from the same company, can airdrop to me.

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
What kind of phone does the other person have? Their settings may not be correct to receive, or they may not have you as a contact. Even if they do, perhaps try deleting each other and re-adding in Contacts.

PandaNix

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2018
What kind of phone does the other person have? Their settings may not be correct to receive, or they may not have you as a contact. Even if they do, perhaps try deleting each other and re-adding in Contacts.
He has an iPhone 11 PM and I have the 13PM. I’m definitely in his contracts.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Upstate NY . Was FL.
I’m travelling and using an Airalo eSIM and airdropping has stopped working and everything is set up ‘right’.

* Bluetooth & wifi is on​
* Person I want to send to is in my contact list​
* The person shows up and is selected and then it just ‘waits’​
* It’s always worked before​
* Airdrop “contacts only” is on, setting to “everyone” doesn’t work either​
* Screen time app is on​
* We are very close in distance​
* Have latest iOS​
* Restarting wifi, Bluetooth and phone doesn’t change anything​
* Personal hotspot is off​
* Both iPhones are unlocked​
* No VPN on either phone​

It’s not the eSIM I assume because the person I’m travelling with, who also have an eSIM from the same company, can airdrop to me.
Exact same issue we’re having. Currently overseas both using iPhone 14PM. When I send to them mine shows waiting but nothing on their screen.

PandaNix

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2018
Exact same issue we’re having. Currently overseas both using iPhone 14PM. When I send to them mine shows waiting but nothing on their screen.

I found a workaround.

Ask them to run on airdrop “everyone”. Then when you’ve selected a pic to send, click on the airdrop icon, NOT the suggested image of the person you want to send to. They will show up again and then click that second suggestion - it sends.

At least that works for me.

Reactions: Fred Zed
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.