Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raeserbil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2013
Sweden
Everytime my wife airdrops me a photo/video from her iPhone to my iPhone, it shows up in the camera roll but it doesn't seem to be added to my icloud library so when browsing my photos on another device (ATV, iPad, Mac), the photos she has sent is not there. Also, even though it shows up in my camera roll, its not visible on my phone under the different media type sections (for example if she sends a video it shows up in camera roll but when only listing my videos in the photos app on the phone, its not there)

Anyone knows what to do? Is this expected behavior?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I agree that's odd behavior. What happens if you add it to an album? By the way, "camera roll" went away with iOS 13. It was a Photos album that users who didn't have iCloud Photos enabled could see. It's been replaced by the All Photos albums (per the article below), but I think the Recents album is more like what was camera roll.

pete480

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Long Island, NY
I had a similar issue where I’d take a picture on my iPhone and it wouldn’t show up on my iPad. My iPad had 13.7 and my phone had 14.2. After I updated my iPad, it’s been working fine.

raeserbil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2013
Sweden
I agree that's odd behavior. What happens if you add it to an album? By the way, "camera roll" went away with iOS 13. It was a Photos album that users who didn't have iCloud Photos enabled could see. It's been replaced by the All Photos albums (per the article below), but I think the Recents album is more like what was camera roll.

I think I was to fast, looks like the videos my wife airdrops me actually shows up in:
* Album > Recents on all my devices, so I assume its added to iCloud

However, the airdropped videos does not show up on any device under
* Library > All Photos
* Albums > Media Types > Videos

I guess that is my problem. On my phone I usally scroll the photos by just using Albums > Recent but when on the ATV or my Mac, I tend to use the Library > All photos where the video doesnt show up.

My wife has an iPhone Xr with iOS 14 and I have a iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS 14. When I airdrop a video to her, it shows up in all those places. Can it be something with her phone?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I guess that's possible, but I'd suggest to narrow it down further to do more testing using other video import methods on your Mac and phone, and checking that all of your settings on both phones for Photos is identical.

raeserbil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2013
Sweden
I guess that's possible, but I'd suggest to narrow it down further to do more testing using other video import methods on your Mac and phone, and checking that all of your settings on both phones for Photos is identical.

I did some more testing like sending videos from my Mac via Airdrop to my phone and that works fine. Seems like its just videos sent from my wifes phone where this problemi happens. Any idea what setting to check?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
What I meant was try video import methods other than Airdrop to help narrow down the problem. The settings to check would be for Photos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.