Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToddSD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2012
I'm still sporting OSX 10.9.5 and would prefer to not upgrade. My AppleTV just autoupdated to tvOS 10. When I try to connect via AirPlay, I get a message that AirPlay now requires OSX 10.10 or later. Really?? The AirPlay icon still shows up in my menu bar, and I can still connect through iTunes, so I know it's not a network issue, etc.

Did Apple really just break AirPlay for OSX before 10.10? I can't understand why they would do this. It worked just fine! Even more frustrating is that the Apple support page says AirPlay only requires 10.8 or later.

Is anyone else having this problem?

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
I'm still sporting OSX 10.9.5 and would prefer to not upgrade. My AppleTV just autoupdated to tvOS 10. When I try to connect via AirPlay, I get a message that AirPlay now requires OSX 10.10 or later. Really?? The AirPlay icon still shows up in my menu bar, and I can still connect through iTunes, so I know it's not a network issue, etc.

Did Apple really just break AirPlay for OSX before 10.10? I can't understand why they would do this. It worked just fine! Even more frustrating is that the Apple support page says AirPlay only requires 10.8 or later.

It's time for you to upgrade. Yosemite was a long time ago so move to Sierra.

Reactions: 2010mini

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013

Apple really doesn't do the backwards compatibility stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.