Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tenjikuronin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
Since installing Sequoia, I haven't been able to AirPlay Safari videos to my Apple TV - the icon doesn't show up in videos. It's worked before I upgraded - I suspect Safari not being in the Local Network Privacy & Security panel being the culprit, but I can't figure out any way to get Safari to prompt me to add it.

Anyone have any tips (or at least have AirPlay working?).

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Go into System Settings > Displays, click the drop-down with a "+" in it next to the display. Do you see your Apple TVs there? If you don't - it's not a Safari issue; the computer's literally not seeing the Apple TV.

tenjikuronin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
I hadn't tried that, but it shows up just fine. I even mirrored my desktop to it. Also tried airplaying from my iPhone to the Apple TV and while it was flakey it did work.

Last edited:

mac_hack_attack

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2021
Since installing Sequoia, I haven't been able to AirPlay Safari videos to my Apple TV - the icon doesn't show up in videos. It's worked before I upgraded - I suspect Safari not being in the Local Network Privacy & Security panel being the culprit, but I can't figure out any way to get Safari to prompt me to add it.

Anyone have any tips (or at least have AirPlay working?).
Safari is considered to be a "System App" so is automatically permitted Local Network Access. As an example, most people's router has an admin page on 192.168.x.x, navigate to there. Safari will be permitted w/o a prompt.

Sorry, no further insight.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Could it just be the site you're visiting? Not every video in Safari will have the AirPlay option.

Does the AirPlay option show up for YouTube videos?

Reactions: mac_hack_attack

willzyx

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2016
Same problem on mine, immediately after updating to Seqouia. I have another MacBook running Sonoma and it AirPlays just fine from the same website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.