Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
In the almost 2-weeks I've had my Airpods, my Apple Watch battery has ended the day the a lot lower than expected. It's gone into reserve mode on me twice, and been close to it on the other days. 25% or less.

Before AirPods, my series 0 38mm sports watch has gone into reserve mode exactly 3 times in the 1.5 years I've had it. I've typically ended the day between 30-40% left, and that's with a 45 minute daily workout.

I've only used my Watch to control the Airpods during my workout, to change tracks or volume. Otherwise, since I've been back to work this week, I'm using the Airpods at my desk, streaming from my MacBook Pro.

Do the Airpods remain connected to the Watch at all times? The music controls on my watch have no effect on Airpods while listening from my Mac.

I guess it's technically possible that my Watch battery is starting to decay...but since the Airpods are the only other new variable, I'm thinking they're causing excessive drain. How could I test this?

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
In the almost 2-weeks I've had my Airpods, my Apple Watch battery has ended the day the a lot lower than expected. It's gone into reserve mode on me twice, and been close to it on the other days. 25% or less.

Before AirPods, my series 0 38mm sports watch has gone into reserve mode exactly 3 times in the 1.5 years I've had it. I've typically ended the day between 30-40% left, and that's with a 45 minute daily workout.

I've only used my Watch to control the Airpods during my workout, to change tracks or volume. Otherwise, since I've been back to work this week, I'm using the Airpods at my desk, streaming from my MacBook Pro.

Do the Airpods remain connected to the Watch at all times? The music controls on my watch have no effect on Airpods while listening from my Mac.

I guess it's technically possible that my Watch battery is starting to decay...but since the Airpods are the only other new variable, I'm thinking they're causing excessive drain. How could I test this?
Well, I had the same experience. I had the Activity watch face WITH the music complication and the battery drain was quite bad, today I removed the music complication, and my battery status is much better (50% tonight, it was 29% last night at roughly the same time). Will play around with complications and other settings and see what happens, will try to keep you posted.

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Well, I had the same experience. I had the Activity watch face WITH the music complication and the battery drain was quite bad, today I removed the music complication, and my battery status is much better (50% tonight, it was 29% last night at roughly the same time). Will play around with complications and other settings and see what happens, will try to keep you posted.

i only have the Music complication on my "workout" face -- which is a modular with a timer, activity, heart rate. otherwise i use utility that doesn't have the music complication.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.