Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hunt2013

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
just got AirPods and they work great for anything but phone calls. They can’t stay connected to save their lives on phone calls and it’s really annoying since this is a main feature.

Use them for an hour for music, no issue. Get a phone call, drops to speaker phone in about 20 seconds.

Anyone else with this issue or solution? I’d exchange them but stock and the fact that they only do it on phone calls give me reason to believe it’s an issue with the software.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
just got AirPods and they work great for anything but phone calls. They can’t stay connected to save their lives on phone calls and it’s really annoying since this is a main feature.

Use them for an hour for music, no issue. Get a phone call, drops to speaker phone in about 20 seconds.

Anyone else with this issue or solution? I’d exchange them but stock and the fact that they only do it on phone calls give me reason to believe it’s an issue with the software.

Try Any of these three measures first:

1.) Disable Bluetooth, Re-enable Bluetooth to Attempt a re-pair with your iPhone.

2.) Or, under Bluetooth settings, select Airpods, select "Forget this device." Then set the Airpods up as a new device.

3.) Power down iPhone, Power on iPhone, which might have a glitch.

hunt2013

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Try Any of these three measures first:

1.) Disable Bluetooth, Re-enable Bluetooth to Attempt a re-pair with your iPhone.

2.) Or, under Bluetooth settings, select Airpods, select "Forget this device." Then set the Airpods up as a new device.

3.) Power down iPhone, Power on iPhone, which might have a glitch.

I hav attempted the first two options already. The issue happens on iPhone and iPad so that’s what is making me think it’s this.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I hav attempted the first two options already. The issue happens on iPhone and iPad so that’s what is making me think it’s this.

Then if those steps are not working, then I would exchange them for a new pair. At least you would know if it's the AirPods or a connectivity issue.

hunt2013

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Then if those steps are not working, then I would exchange them for a new pair. At least you would know if it's the AirPods or a connectivity issue.

But they can go hours with just audio with no issues. Do you really think it’s hardware?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
But they can go hours with just audio with no issues. Do you really think it’s hardware?

Try resetting network settings on your iPhone and powering down your iPhone, then power back on. Then set your Airpods up as a new device. See if this repairs it. If it doesn't, then I would contact Apple.

hunt2013

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Try resetting network settings on your iPhone and powering down your iPhone, then power back on. Then set your Airpods up as a new device. See if this repairs it. If it doesn't, then I would contact Apple.

Alright thanks. I noticed in the similar threads section that this was common but they’re all from around when the AirPods released.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Alright thanks. I noticed in the similar threads section that this was common but they’re all from around when the AirPods released.

Also, make sure your Airpods are up to date on your firmware. You can check this under settings as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.