Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cfysedpotatoe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2023
So last Monday, my right airpod suddenly stopped working. On the battery widget on my phone and iPad, I could only see the battery levels for the charging case and left airpod only. I then tried everything I could find online but no luck. I noticed I couldn't factory reset my airpods though, the charging case did turn on the white light when I pressed on the back for 15 seconds or more but it never turned amber; it just kept on glowing white. I stopped trying to fix it for about a week or so, keeping the faulty airpod outside of the charging case. Then last night, I decided to give it a try again because I really wanted to use it and THE RIGHT AIRPOD MIRACULOUSLY CONNECTED!! for about 15 minutes until I charged it to full and it stopped working again. In the screenshots, you can see both airpods showing when I forget device and re-pair it with my phone but in the Menu bar in Settings, it doesn't show up at all. Is my only option to get a replacement pod at this point? :")

I went on Reddit and saw a lot of people with pretty much the same issues, with some saying that it magically got fixed overnight but so far no luck for me...I'm wondering if it's such a common problem, why hasn't Apple support mentioned anything?

Attachments

• IMG_72C4D9E97DC6-1.jpeg
    IMG_72C4D9E97DC6-1.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4371.PNG
    IMG_4371.PNG
    224 KB · Views: 60
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.