Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 26, 2020
Dear all,

I just goy myself some AirPods Max. The automatic switching works great from my MBPr to my iPhone Xs, but it never works from my iPhone Xs to my MBPr. Apparently, browsing Reddit suggests that many owners of AirPods and AirPods Pro are in the same situation.

If you are experiencing the same issue, feel free to leave a comment in this thread. If others in the same situation find this thread, they may find some relief. Also, if you have had this issue and no longer have it, feel free to leave a comment on this thread. I am sure myself and many others will find it helpful.

Any help out there?

Cheers!

lympero

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2008
Arta, Greece
Happens all the time with my AirPods Pro + iPhone 11 max to mbp. Most of the times I have to toggle Bluetooth to make it work.

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 26, 2020
It’s for sure a known issue by users. But is it acknowledged by Apple in any way?

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
I ended up turning automatic switching off. The final straw for me was when I was watching a movie on my Mac and whenever a notification came in on my iPhone my AirPods would automatically switch to the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.