Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ilpittiz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2021
Context: Airpods Max, with latest firmware, put in their Smart Case to rest.

On the support page How to charge your AirPods Max and learn about battery life, Apple explains that APM should go into low power mode instantly, and into ultra-low power mode after 18 hours.

In the last few days I checked my APM battery before going to sleep, and in the morning (~8 hours later, so no ultra-low power mode involved) I found that the battery consumption is 6-7% overnight.

I also had them rest in the Smart Case for nearly 48h hours (so both low + ultra-low power modes), and the overall battery consumption when I picked them up again was 9%.

What's your experience in similar conditions? I searched a lot online and someone reported 2-3% overnight, others 10%. Just wondering what an 'average' might be here.

To be thorough, I always used APM with iPhone, and disconnected as expected when being put in Smart Case (checked on battery widget).

mackya99

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2019
Those are good numbers. I average about a 1% battery drain per hour while they are in the case. Apple needs to provide a firmware update that provides a way to have them shut down completely.

Reactions: jazz1

doolar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2019
I left mine in the case last week for the entire week, not touching them and while I can't remember the exact number it was less than 10%. They were fully charged when I left them and had 90-something % when I returned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.