Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpaceGrayAlways

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
Hello all,

While some people are reporting connectivity issues, I am experiencing a slightly different (but adjacent) issue.

I am finding that randomly throughout my use of my AirPods Pro 2 that music volume will suddenly decrease for 5-10 seconds and not come back up even with volume buttons.

This appears to be the same behavior you would expect if a notification was to be read by Siri (volume decreases for a period of a few seconds while the notification is read) except that there is no new notification to be read when this occurs.

Curious if anyone else is experiencing this and whether anyone has found a workaround for this bug.

Thanks

Jadedogsome

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2021
I am too, but it only happens in one ear which is really annoying. The only fix I've found for this issue is just messing with the volume. Up two and then down two and it should come back... This should be fixed...

Reactions: Barham

SpaceGrayAlways

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
I am too, but it only happens in one ear which is really annoying. The only fix I've found for this issue is just messing with the volume. Up two and then down two and it should come back... This should be fixed...
I have yet to find that any amount of volume changing has made a difference for me... And it definitely happens in both AirPods for me.

vanhalen26

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2018
Glad I found this. Happens to me too, but based on number of responses it doesn’t seem widespread.

I got applecare + so I’ll have to make up some reason to do a change. I can’t imagine swapping for this issue would be made easy by them - they’ll make me go through 1,000 useless hoops first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.