Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rwintheiser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
I am consistently getting 10% battery drain overnight, every night, even with new firmware 4E71, is anyone else experiencing this? What should I be seeing? Use time looks to be 20+ hours, but it looks like 10 days in the case without use would drain them entirely.

I did hit up Apple Support, they had my device sent to repair, received and returned in the same day saying no issues found. My QC 35ii last for months in the case? Any suggestions.

(I've done all the resets, multiple times, and it does not improve it.)

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
“The battery drain is roughly 1% every 2.5 hours. It remains to be seen how efficient the ultralow power mode is, which Apple claims to kick in after 72 hours outside, and 18 hours inside the Smart Case, but it’s unlikely to play a role in typical use cases.”

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
I haven't uses my Airpods Max for over 2 weeks and the battery went down from 100% to around 85%.

rwintheiser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
“The battery drain is roughly 1% every 2.5 hours. It remains to be seen how efficient the ultralow power mode is, which Apple claims to kick in after 72 hours outside, and 18 hours inside the Smart Case, but it’s unlikely to play a role in typical use cases.”
Thanks for the article. This matches the data I have collected. Seems odd that you'd let them be on standby for 18 hours when clearly you put them in the case to be turned off...

rwintheiser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
I haven't uses my Airpods Max for over 2 weeks and the battery went down from 100% to around 85%.
I will do some research if I have time. If they turn off after 18 hours in the case, then your data looks reasonable. It is wild though that Apple did not try to meet BOSE, my QC35ii can sit for months without battery drain.

toonces1

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2017
Was experiencing faster than expected battery drain until I went into Bluetooth settings for my APM and toggled off Find My network. That seems to be the culprit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.