Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MayaTlab

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2007
Apple traditionally doesn't release new products on three different but continuous days. Monday releases are very rare in general.
It also makes zero sense to release the Studio and HomePods on two different days.
That being said I'd certainly welcome them ASAP.

Reactions: Alaxlmartin

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Apple traditionally doesn't release new products on three different but continuous days. Monday releases are very rare in general.
It also makes zero sense to release the Studio and HomePods on two different days.
That being said I'd certainly welcome them ASAP.

Unlikely, but not unprecedented. March 2019 saw iPads on Monday, iMac on Tuesday, AirPods on Wednesday. (Though they were all pretty minor spec bumps, not new products like the AirPods Studio or HomePod mini.)

Reactions: MayaTlab

spiritbox

macrumors member
May 15, 2016
Asheville, NC
I am super hopeful this is true! I work from home and I love the mic on my AirPods Pro and how easily they pair. I just find over-ear headphones more comfortable for longterm wear.

davemc67

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2010
Wish they’d hurry up and release the AirPod studio headphones, as I’ve recently broke the hinge on My beats solo 3s and don’t want to buy another set with the airpod studios hopefully being just around the corner

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
Wish they’d hurry up and release the AirPod studio headphones, as I’ve recently broke the hinge on My beats solo 3s and don’t want to buy another set with the airpod studios hopefully being just around the corner
I’m in the same situation but with my BeatsX. It shorted out and melted somehow, so I need to replace it, but it hasn’t been updated in 3.5 years. I need a new gen or the rumored AirPods X.

Reactions: davemc67

pdmpolishing

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
I'm beginning to feel like that, AirPods Studio are just a rumour. I have been looking forward to these for the better sound than AirPods Pro and spatial audio, Sony XM4's here I come or do we just wait another month to see if they exist.

unashamedgeek

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
I'm beginning to feel like that, AirPods Studio are just a rumour. I have been looking forward to these for the better sound than AirPods Pro and spatial audio, Sony XM4's here I come or do we just wait another month to see if they exist.
I was ready to buy the XM4 until I read and heard that the mic quality hadn't improved as much as I was hoping. I want the headphones to be good for calls/video meetings so I'm holding out in hopes that the Airpods Studio would be it. I will try to keep holding off on making a purchase for now.

MayaTlab

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2007

At some point Apple will have to update their Beats over-ears anyway. Modern beats are way different from their older counterparts and pretty well engineered with a decent frequency response curve and low distortion across the board :

So whether it comes with a Beats or Apple logo on it, it's quite likely that Apple will have a new pair of over-ear headphones on the market at some point.
My feeling is that if it's a simple competitor to the Sony, Bose or Sennheiser alternatives, ie no break-through features other than the ones associated with the H1 chip or its descendant, it could be a Beats product.
But if it comes with fancier tech, such as detection of your ear shape (with something for example akin to Face ID but for your ears, but there may be much simpler approaches, IDK) and application of an algorithm to produce a personalised profile so that the frequency response reaches a specific custom target tailored to your own HRTF, I could see that as an Apple product.

Reactions: KayEm6419

metalsiren

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2017
I was ready to buy the XM4 until I read and heard that the mic quality hadn't improved as much as I was hoping. I want the headphones to be good for calls/video meetings so I'm holding out in hopes that the Airpods Studio would be it. I will try to keep holding off on making a purchase for now.

Yea I got the XM4 (sold off the NC 700 becuase they hurt my head bald guy here) , and the mic for calls is horrible compared to the NC 700, and I mean ****. Sure it louder than XM3 but still sounds like your a computer voice.

I have 30 days before I have to return them so I am hoping we hear about the Studio‘s before my return is up (but will prob return them anyways)

Reactions: unashamedgeek
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.