Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maglalangfrancis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2017
This is how my set up looks like in our house. A being the main network while B and C are extensions.
The speed when I'm connected to the C router (Beside it) is noticeably slower. Right now, the automatic setup configured C router to extend router A as well (B is extending A also)

my question is.
Should C to extend router B to have better performance?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 200

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
What kind of devices are they? We need to know that to answer your question. But the better answer is to replace your network with one of the newer mesh style networks from Eero or Ubiquity. Google also sells a system but...Google.

Reactions: Maglalangfrancis

Maglalangfrancis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2017
What kind of devices are they? We need to know that to answer your question. But the better answer is to replace your network with one of the newer mesh style networks from Eero or Ubiquity. Google also sells a system but...Google.
They're (Router A) AirPort Extreme latest gen. (Router B) AirPort Express and (Router C) AirPort Extreme 4th gen I think.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
The Airport Express (router B) can't extend to C, so your network is set up the only way it can be. Apparently the signal from A to C is too weak to permit high speed. There is nothing you can do with those parts unless you can put an Airport Extreme at B and make it the primary router.

Reactions: Maglalangfrancis

Maglalangfrancis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2017
The Airport Express (router B) can't extend to C, so your network is set up the only way it can be. Apparently the signal from A to C is too weak to permit high speed. There is nothing you can do with those parts unless you can put an Airport Extreme at B and make it the primary router.
Thanks! I guess I have to find a way to move it closer to A. Since the main connection is in A.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.