Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnE121

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2021
Columbus Ohio
I have a Samsung C460 color laser printer that is about 5 years old and is connected to my wireless network. I added it via settings/ printers and set it up as an Air Print device. It seemed to work fine the few times I used it. Today, (after the OS 11.2 update) I tried creating a number of documents with Pages and the Text Editor and most of them would not print correctly. The printer would spit out lots of pages with some hexadecimal characters on the first line. I was able to successfully print a letter to my accountant that I previously created. I removed the printer, added it back and rebooted the system, rebooted the printer, and the problem was still persistent. Out of desperation, I downloaded and installed the the latest driver available which is for for OS 10.15. I aded the printer using the profile created by the drivers and it seems to work fine now. Any idea what is happening with Air Print and is there anything else I should have done? Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Note: I just tried another document I successfully printed prior to the 11.2 update. It printed garbage using Air Print but worked fine with the 10.15 driver

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.