Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simplynando

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 15, 2016
Las Vegas, Nevada
So I have a question. I was browsing the $9.99 in 4K HDR: Visual Stunners deal section in iTunes and it shows Alien in that category. However, when I go to the actual movie's page, it just shows that it's HD.

I know Alien is getting released on 4K BluRay in the UK next month, but does that mean that this will get upgraded to 4K when the time comes? I just want to know before I buy it and I'm not exactly who I can get clarification from. Lol.

This is one of my favorite movies. The original is so crisp and well done that the difference between HD and 4K might not be huge, I just don't want to buy into it with a false promise of the glorious iTunes 4K HDR and be disappointed.

Thoughts?

Collage.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: yorkieboy71

BODYBUILDERPAUL

Suspended
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
£2.99 to buy in the UK Store right now.

There is hope buddy and a BIG chance. It's 20th Century Fox which means HDR instead of Dolby Vision. Chances are that if it's going onto 4K BluRay then it will be coming to iTunes in 4K HDR! Heck, it even happened to 1978 Grease and mine got bumped up to 4K Dolby Vision :)

PS Such a terrifying film - I remember seeing it in the 1990s as a child and I had nightmares for weeks - I still check under my bed :) :) :)

Reactions: simplynando

simplynando

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 15, 2016
Las Vegas, Nevada
£2.99 to buy in the UK Store right now.

There is hope buddy and a BIG chance. It's 20th Century Fox which means HDR instead of Dolby Vision. Chances are that if it's going onto 4K BluRay then it will be coming to iTunes in 4K HDR! Heck, it even happened to 1978 Grease and mine got bumped up to 4K Dolby Vision :)

PS Such a terrifying film - I remember seeing it in the 1990s as a child and I had nightmares for weeks - I still check under my bed :) :) :)

That was my thought as well. My TVs only support 4K and HDR so I don't care too much for Dolby Vision, though I have a few movies in my library that support it for when the time comes for me to upgrade my TV. I think I'm going to buy the movie anyways (at $9.99 it's still a pretty good deal).

And I agree! It scared me when I was younger and this is was the movie that made me love Sci-Fi and alien movies :)

Reactions: BODYBUILDERPAUL

BODYBUILDERPAUL

Suspended
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
That was my thought as well. My TVs only support 4K and HDR so I don't care too much for Dolby Vision, though I have a few movies in my library that support it for when the time comes for me to upgrade my TV. I think I'm going to buy the movie anyways (at $9.99 it's still a pretty good deal).

And I agree! It scared me when I was younger and this is was the movie that made me love Sci-Fi and alien movies :)

Haha that's awesome!!!!! I'm scared just thinking of it now :)
Great idea and it's pretty safe to assume that it may get bumped to 4K HDR soon!!!
Just been reading about it getting remastered to HD in 2010 and all of the hard work that went into it!!!!
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2018/08/14/alien-haunts-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-on-alien-day-2019/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.