Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Hi folks,

Do all digital cameras stamp their files with metadata (date, time other details etc...)? Is this automatic (and also specifics dependent on whether or not the user changes the time properly)?

Also, related to that question - does Photoshop Elements (pc side) organize based on the metadata?

Why do I ask? I have clients who have digital cameras and their pictures are very unorganized. They've asked if I could help organize them, which I probably can given my use on the mac side since I've used iphoto and i use aperture, but I'm unfamiliar with Elements. I'm sure it's easy to get a grasp of..I know lightroom would (probably) be beyond my clients' needs.

Cheers,
Keebler

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
You could wait for iLife '09 and use that new face and place recognition software.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
You could wait for iLife '09 and use that new face and place recognition software.

thanks...i could, but these will be for clients who are mostly on windows, unfortunately. Just a matter of me playing with elements on a pc. i'm sure it's easy to handle.

numbersyx

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
Hi folks,

Do all digital cameras stamp their files with metadata (date, time other details etc...)? Is this automatic (and also specifics dependent on whether or not the user changes the time properly)?

Also, related to that question - does Photoshop Elements (pc side) organize based on the metadata?

Why do I ask? I have clients who have digital cameras and their pictures are very unorganized. They've asked if I could help organize them, which I probably can given my use on the mac side since I've used iphoto and i use aperture, but I'm unfamiliar with Elements. I'm sure it's easy to get a grasp of..I know lightroom would (probably) be beyond my clients' needs.

Cheers,
Keebler

Not sure Lightroom would be "beyond" their needs. It's purpose is an organisation programme as much as enhancement. Elements is the "special effects" and editing software. LR sounds like what they need...

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Not sure Lightroom would be "beyond" their needs. It's purpose is an organisation programme as much as enhancement. Elements is the "special effects" and editing software. LR sounds like what they need...

thanks. i'll check it out. I was thinking last night that even the sw that comes with their camera might be good enough.

I'll figure it out :)

I know one thing - they need help. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.