Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Is there some way i can see all the apps I've downloaded from the App store?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Well, there's the App Store.
Click on your account icon (near top right corner), then click on "Purchased"
That will show your apps, in lists of "All", or showing just "Not on this iPhone"
That should show you what you are asking...

Reactions: ilawlin

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I dont see my account icon... i do have iOS9 if that matters! We are talking about iPhone right? Not desktop.

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
Do you want to see all the apps that are currently on your device, or all the apps you have ever downloaded even if they have been deleted?

If it's just the former, there are a couple of ways (besides browsing the screens of icons). One is to go to the Settings app and look at your device storage. It will list all the apps on your device and how much storage they consume. You can even delete them from that screen.

If you want to see it all, follow DeltaMac's suggestion. You an open the App Store app directly from your iPhone/iPad. From there you can filter between all apps you have purchased or downloaded, and also by apps you have previously purchased or downloaded that are not on your device.

Reactions: ilawlin

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
From there you can filter between all apps you have purchased or downloaded, and also by apps you have previously purchased or downloaded that are not on your device.
I dont see how i can make the filter you are talking about. Im using iOS9 if thats of any relevance!

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
iOS 9 App Store should not be so different. There is somewhere in that app that will list your purchases, whatever is tied to your AppleID account. That would be the apps that you have (not surprisingly) purchased. For this purpose, free apps that you have downloaded would also be considered "purchased", despite being "free"
The App Store also will show you the apps that you have purchased but are no longer installed on your iPhone.

Is there any particular reason that you prefer to leave your iPhone on the old iOS 9 (missing out on any security updates, for example?)

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Is there any particular reason that you prefer to leave your iPhone on the old iOS 9 (missing out on any security updates, for example?)
Im afraid of speed issues that i might have with the newer iOS on my "old" iPhone.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I think that is an irrational fear, but I also understand. (and I am on iOS 12 on my old 5s, the speed is not an issue for me. In fact, in my experience, and on my iP 5s, the response was slower on iOS 10 and 11, and seems "snappier" for most things on iOS 12. It's too bad that you can't try out iOS 12, then return to 9 if the performance is not acceptable for you. Or, you may have a friend who still has a 6s, and is now running iOS 12, so you could better understand what the upgrade may mean for response of the system.

Did you find the list of Apps that you were asking about? That has to be in your App store app somewhere. Just click around, and look for something that shows your AppleID. That would be where you will find your purchased apps.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I found the history of my apps, yes, but theres something strange going on with the AppStore app. It gets stuck when i open a specific year of my downloads and i need to close the app and open it up again! It sucks cause going to the yeah history is a maze, its not very straight forward.

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
Im afraid of speed issues that i might have with the newer iOS on my "old" iPhone.
Apple optimized iOS 12 for older devices, and there are several tests showing its performance on various older phones. My dad's 5s runs better on iOS 12 than it did on iOS 10. He skipped 11.

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
Apple optimized iOS 12 for older devices, and there are several tests showing its performance on various older phones. My dad's 5s runs better on iOS 12 than it did on iOS 10. He skipped 11.

Yeah...my wife was ready to replace her iPhone 6 when it had iOS 11. Now that it behaves better on iOS 12, she would rather get new boots for Christmas. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.