Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdechavez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
Can I temporarily use a large sheet of white thick art paper to use as a reflector for my subject indoor and outdoors? I live far away from a camera store so i have to use an alternative for now.

Thank you!

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
I have an artsy-fartsy pro photographer friend who, back in my film days, taught me a lot about improving my photographs using run-of-the-mill materials as reflectors. White paper (non glossy) is one possibility; paper plates (the simple, non-coated ones) work really well too.

The biggest problem with using an ad hoc reflector setup is keeping the "reflectors" in the position you want.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Can I temporarily use a large sheet of white thick art paper to use as a reflector for my subject indoor and outdoors? I live far away from a camera store so i have to use an alternative for now.

Thank you!

If you want more "travel-worthy" stuff, sun reflectors for automobiles work- try to find the white kind that fold up similar to photo reflectors- silver tends to look different and is better for pets than people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.