Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kotsos81

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2023
Hi,

BS player has the ability to automatically find and download subtitles for your video (movie) in any available language. Unfortunately, BS player is not available for Mac as far as I know, and VLC (which I used as an alternative) does not recognize the greek subtitles file (.srt).

Is there any alternative to BS player for MacOs that can work with Greek subtitle files (.srt)? I can download them manually, it does not have to automatically detect them like the BS player, it only needs to support them.

Thank you.

Slartibart

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2020
while @bogdanw recommendation is excellent, I have no problems using greek .srt subtitle file in VLC on any Apple device. which version of macOS are you using? which version of VLC did you try? what happens - .srt are not selectable, font is strange, …?

Kotsos81

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2023
while @bogdanw recommendation is excellent, I have no problems using greek .srt subtitle file in VLC on any Apple device. which version of macOS are you using? which version of VLC did you try? what happens - .srt are not selectable, font is strange, …?
I don't know why, it should work. Anyway, IINA is excellent. Thank you for the feedback.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.