Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phil in ocala

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 14, 2016
I find all the last two versions of iMovie profoundly complicated and unintuitive...does anyone no a "simple" alternative that does not list every possible variable....just add stills...add sound and export to the desktop, or am I asking too much?????

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
Most, if not all, video editors offer that list of every possible variable. It's what they do. If you just want to add stills...add sound and export to the desktop, then try creating a Slideshow in Photos.

Reactions: Bart Kela

Frhyme

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2016
Wondershare Filmora. I really like its "Easy Mode" for green hand like me which allows to edit and export a video with just five steps. You can add stills, add sound and then export to the desktop easily.

purpletalon55

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2017
Wondershare Filmora. I really like its "Easy Mode" for green hand like me which allows to edit and export a video with just five steps. You can add stills, add sound and then export to the desktop easily.
Its a good program but the company is fairly shady I've had some bad dealings with them in the past.

Phil in ocala

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 14, 2016
The imovie team in Cupertino should made a new iMovie from scratch with the goal of making it simple...with a 5 x 10 poster on the wall that says: K.I.S.S. (or you we will give you your last paycheck)

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
I'm not sure there is anything simpler to use than imovie.

Maybe gopro quik?

The IOS version is super easy to use and produces some impressive vids. The desktop version is free on their site I think.

UL2RA

Suspended
May 7, 2017
I second this. It's an incredibly easy video editor to use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.