Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
Any suggestions? Aperture, Lightroom or Picasa or any other? I'm just a novice photographer, I don't really do editing much. Basically I just want to use something where I can organize my pictures more efficiently, be able to create simple slideshows, nothing fancy and doesn't need to be professional looking. I would like to see also a program that will integrate with my Mail app. Also I'm looking for a program that has a feature that will be easy to upload photos on social networks i.e. twitter and facebook and also on mobileme. Also I take a lot of pics from iPhone so hopefully a program that is compatible with the iPhone.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

LurchNC

macrumors regular
May 1, 2008
Sounds like iPhoto does all those things nicely. If you are looking for more editing abilities Aperture would get my vote. You get all the integration of iPhoto with more powerful editing tools.

spice weasel

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2003
I agree with LurchNC. Stick with iPhoto. If you find yourself interested in doing more post-processing and needing more tools than iPhoto offers, then you can move up to Aperture. As LurchNC said, it integrates very well with iPhoto.

polotska

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2007
For what you mention, iPhoto ought to be fine. Is there any reason in particular that you're looking for an alternative?

Nostromo

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2009
Deep Space
What camera do you own?

If it's a Canon, Canon's RAW converter is free and very good.

Other than that, check out Capture One 5.1 ($99), the small version of Bibble's RAW converter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.