Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chublet

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2018
Just recently for some reason, when I open one of my HDs up in Finder (I always use List view) I have to resize the columns to be able to see them all.

I have the following columns:
Name
Date Modified
Size
Kind

When I open the folder I can only see Name and Date Modified, I have to resize them to bring the other two columns into view from the right hand side to see all the info at the same time.

This is starting to get very annoying!

Surely there is a way for me to set the size of each column and have the system remember this Sio each time I go to a folder it shows me the four columns without having to mess about resizing them?

Nigel Goodman

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
UK
Try this: Set the Finder window as you want it then select View (menu)>Show View Options. Click the Use as defaults button at the bottom of the small View Options window.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Try this: Set the Finder window as you want it then select View (menu)>Show View Options. Click the Use as defaults button at the bottom of the small View Options window.
The way that used to work, it will change all enclosed folders to that default, unless you have manually changed settings in them. Maybe it's different now. ??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.